- This policy does not apply to the practices of organization that we do not own or control or people we do not employ or manage.
- We collect usage information technical and personal when you use this website, likewise technical information such as e-mail address, IP address, web browser type, operating system, Address of the reference website or the website to which you exit to, date and time you access our website or services, items you click on, pages you visit and time spent on each page.
- Similarly, when you access & use KanoonGuru.com, we collect & store certain personally identifiable information provided by you. Likewise personal information but is not limited to your name, gender, age, address, telephone number, email address, credit card or other account number may be collected. We intend to use your personal information mainly to provide services and to administer your inquiries.
- You may register to use this website directly via the Website or by logging into your account with certain third party social media or social networking services ("Social Networking Site") (including, but not limited to, Facebook) via the Website, as described herein.
- In case you agree to register through a Social Networking Site, we will extract some of the Personal Information which you have provided to the Social Networking Site (such as your name, email address and other information you make publicly available via the Social Networking Site) from the account you have with the applicable Social Networking Site and use that information to create your Account. The specific information that we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the Social Networking Site.
- You hereby consent to our access and collection of such personal information about you. We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage.
Use of Information Collected
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected.
- We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance, to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions. We also use your Personal Information to contact you with KanoonGuru newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- By using this website you agree that your activities like - liking questions, liking answers, reviewing questions or any other activities arising from or on KanoonGuru.com will be published publicly to enable better discovery of products etc. for other users.
Sharing of Information Collected
- Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate government authorities or law enforcement agencies, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
- We may share your de-identified Personal Information with third parties to enable them to run statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
- In order to customize your advertising interactions, we may share Personal Information with advertisers and other third parties only on an aggregate (i.e., non-personally-identifiable) basis.
- Under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or members may abuse or misuse your information that they collect from our Websites. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, that your personally identifiable information or private communications will always remain private.
Protecting Collected Information
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the company. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. You, therefore, agree that any security breaches beyond the control of our standard security procedures are at your sole risk and discretion.
Professional communication between a legal adviser and a client is accorded protection under the Indian Evidence Act 1872 (the Act), the Advocates Act 1961 (the Advocates Act) and the Bar Council of India Rules (the BCI Rules). Lawyers listed on KanoonGuru website and the users/clients using this platform shall be aware of the same. However, the members and users of this website shall take sole responsibility while communicating through this platform.
Payments & Refund
Kanoongurus.com thanks you and appreciates your service or product purchase with us on our website. It is recommended to go through this policy with respect to any purchase or service we provide to you. We make every effort to provide the services to you as per the specifications and timelines mentioned against each service or product purchased by you from our website, however if, due to any reason, we are unable to provide to you the service or product you purchased from us, then you shall be entitled to a refund which shall be subject on the following situations
- The Refund shall be only considered in the event there is a clear, visible deficiency or violation with the service or product from our side.
- In the event a customer has paid for a service and then requests for a refund only because there was a change in mind, the refund shall not be considered as there is no fault, defect, or onus is established on Kanoongurus.com.
- Refund requests shall not be entertained after the work has been shared with you in the event of change of mind. However, we shall give you the option of using the amount paid for by you, for an alternative service amounting to the same value and the said amount could be applied in part or whole towards the said new service within 30 days; and
- If the request for a refund has been raised 30 (thirty) days after the purchase of a service or product has been completed and the same has been intimated and indicated via email or through any form of communication stating that the work has been completed, then, such refund request shall be deemed invalid and shall not be considered.
- If the request for the refund has been approved by Kanoongurus.com, the same shall be processed and intimated to you via email. This refund process could take a minimum of 15 (fifteen) business days to process and shall be credited to your bank account accordingly. We shall handle the refund process with care and ensure that the money spent by you is returned to you at the earliest.
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables our website’s features and functionality. Any browser visiting our sites may receive cookies from us or cookies from third parties such as our customers, partners or service providers. We or third parties may also place cookies in your browser when you visit non-kanoongurus.com sites that display ads or that hosts our plugins or tags.
Along-way ‘Local Storage’ enables a website or application to store information locally on your device(s). Local Storage may be used to improve your experience while accessing our website, for example, by enabling features, remembering your preferences and speeding up site functionality.